A French Physician with His Retinue Going to Visit His Patients
- Line engraving and etching on moderately thick, moderately textured, beige laid paper
- Sheet: 11 1/16 x 13 3/4 inches (28.1 x 35 cm), Plate: 7 7/8 x 9 13/16 inches (20 x 25 cm), and Image: 7 1/16 x 9 1/2 inches (17.9 x 24.1 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, on back, lower left: "41887 (encircled)"
Lettered in black ink, lower left: "Brandoin pinxt,,"; lower center: "A FRENCH PHYSICIAN with his Retinue going to Visit HIS PATIENTS. | London, Printed for Jno. Smith, No. 35 Cheapside & Robt. Sayer, No. 53, Fleet Street Published as the Act directs 20 Octr. 1771."; lower right: "Caldwall Sculp"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- architectural subject | architecture | assistants | bottle | breeches (trousers) | buildings | canes | caricature | cart | chair | church | city | cityscape | coats | costume | cross (object) | dog (animal) | flounces | French | genre subject | hats | humor | labor | medicine | men | parody | physician | physician | pushcart | running | satire | science | steeple | street | syringe | tie-wig | walking | wheelbarrow | wheels | wigs
- Associated Places:
- Europe | France | Paris | Ville de Paris, Départment de | Île-de-France
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
YCBA Collections Search
Print made by James Caldwall, 1739–1819, British, A French Physician with His Retinue Going to Visit His Patients, 1771
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.