A French Physician with His Retinue Going to Visit His Patients
- Line engraving and etching on moderately thick, moderately textured, beige laid paper
- 11 1/16 x 13 3/4 inches (28.1 x 35 cm), 7 7/8 x 9 13/16 inches (20 x 25 cm), and 7 1/16 x 9 1/2 inches (17.9 x 24.1 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, on back, lower left: "41887 (encircled)"
Lettered in black ink, lower left: "Brandoin pinxt,,"; lower center: "A FRENCH PHYSICIAN with his Retinue going to Visit HIS PATIENTS. | London, Printed for Jno. Smith, No. 35 Cheapside & Robt. Sayer, No. 53, Fleet Street Published as the Act directs 20 Octr. 1771."; lower right: "Caldwall Sculp"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- architectural subject | architecture | assistants | bottle | breeches (trousers) | buildings | canes | caricature | cart | chair | church | city | cityscape | coats | costume | cross (object) | dog (animal) | flounces | French | genre subject | hats | humor | labor | medicine | men | parody | physician | physician | pushcart | running | satire | science | steeple | street | syringe | tie-wig | walking | wheelbarrow | wheels | wigs
- Associated Places:
- Europe | France | Paris | Ville de Paris, Départment de | Île-de-France
- View by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
Print made by James Caldwall, 1739–1819, British, A French Physician with His Retinue Going to Visit His Patients, 1771
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.