- Now Sir, You're a Complete Macaroni
- Line engraving, stipple engraving, and etching on moderately thick, moderately textured, cream laid paper
- Sheet: 11 1/8 x 8 1/8 inches (28.2 x 20.7 cm), Plate: 7 15/16 x 5 1/2 inches (20.2 x 13.9 cm), and Image: 5 1/8 x 4 1/2 inches (13 x 11.5 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, on back, lower left: "41891 (encircled)"
Lettered in black ink, lower left: "Brandoin pinxt,,"; lower center: "NOW SR. YOU'R A COMPLEAT MACARONI. | London, Printed for J. Smith, No. 35, Cheapside, & R. Sayer, No. 53, Fleet Street, as the Act directs, 6 May, 1772."; lower right: "Caldwall sculp"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- barber | bows (costume accessories) | breeches (trousers) | caricature | coats | combs | costume | cravats | fashion | genre subject | hairdressers | hairstyles | humor | macaronis | men | parody | pockets (costume components) | pompadour | queue wig | satire | scissors | staff (walking stick) | sword | tie-wig | waistcoats | wigs
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- XML | RDF
YCBA Collections Search
Print made by James Caldwall, 1739–1819, British, Now Sir, You're a Complete Macaroni, 1772
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.