IIIF provides researchers rich metadata and media viewing options for comparison of works across cultural heritage collections. Visit the IIIF page to learn more.
Print made by James Caldwall, 1739–1819, British, Now Sir, You're a Complete Macaroni, 1772
Now Sir, You're a Complete Macaroni
- Additional Title(s):
Now Sr. You'r a Compleat Macaroni
- Line engraving, stipple engraving, and etching on moderately thick, moderately textured, cream laid paper
- Sheet: 11 1/8 x 8 1/8 inches (28.2 x 20.7 cm), Plate: 7 15/16 x 5 1/2 inches (20.2 x 13.9 cm), Image: 5 1/8 x 4 1/2 inches (13 x 11.5 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, on back, lower left: "41891 (encircled)"
Lettered in black ink, lower left: "Brandoin pinxt,,"; lower center: "NOW SR. YOU'R A COMPLEAT MACARONI. | London, Printed for J. Smith, No. 35, Cheapside, & R. Sayer, No. 53, Fleet Street, as the Act directs, 6 May, 1772."; lower right: "Caldwall sculp"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- barber | bows (costume accessories) | breeches (trousers) | caricature | coats | combs | costume | cravats | fashion | genre subject | hairdressers | hairstyles | humor | macaronis | men | parody | pockets (costume components) | pompadour | queue wig | satire | scissors | staff (walking stick) | sword | tie-wig | waistcoats | wigs
- Accessible by appointment in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.