- Etching and line engraving on moderately thick, moderately textured, cream laid paper
- Sheet (unevenly cropped): 15 5/8 x 21 1/4 inches (39.7 x 53.9 cm), Plate: 11 7/16 x 16 1/2 inches (29 x 41.9 cm), and Image: 10 7/16 x 15 15/16 inches (26.5 x 40.5 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, lower left, written sideways: "19"; on back, upper right: "£ 6.10.10"
Lettered in black ink, lower left: "Brooking Pinx"; lower center: "Night | Publish'd according to Act of Parliament, & Sold by J. Boydell Engraver at the Unicorn the Corner of Queen Street, Cheapside London 1756. _"; lower right: "J. Boydell Sculp _ | 67"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- bags (containers) | battle | cargo | castle | coast | costume | destruction | evening | fire | flags | fort | galleons | gesture | man-of-war | marine art | men | night | rocks (landforms) | sea | seamen | ships | shipwreck | shore (landform) | smoke | walking | walls
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
YCBA Collections Search
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.