- Etching and line engraving on moderately thick, moderately textured, cream laid paper
- 15 5/8 x 21 1/4 inches (39.7 x 53.9 cm), 11 7/16 x 16 1/2 inches (29 x 41.9 cm), and 10 7/16 x 15 15/16 inches (26.5 x 40.5 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, lower left, written sideways: "19"; on back, upper right: "£ 6.10.10"
Lettered in black ink, lower left: "Brooking Pinx"; lower center: "Night | Publish'd according to Act of Parliament, & Sold by J. Boydell Engraver at the Unicorn the Corner of Queen Street, Cheapside London 1756. _"; lower right: "J. Boydell Sculp _ | 67"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- bags (containers) | battle | boxes (containers) | cargo | carrying | castle | coast | costume | dark | destruction | escape | evening | fire | flags | fort | galleons | gesture | man-of-war | marine art | men | night | pointing | rocks (landforms) | sea | seamen | ships | shipwreck | shore (landform) | smoke | walking | walls
- View by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.