The Nautch Dancers
- Additional Title(s):
The Nantch Dancers
- ca. 1925
- Drypoint on moderately thick, slightly textured, cream wove paper
- 15 1/2 x 19 1/16 inches (39.3 x 48.4 cm) and 10 13/16 x 13 9/16 inches (27.5 x 34.5 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, lower left: "P. A. C. #17730"; in brown ink, lower left: "70· 90."; in graphite, lower right: ""The Nautch Dancers."
Lettered in black ink, within image, upper left, in monogram: "CW" within larger C
Signed in brown ink, lower left: "Charles W Cain"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Gift of Judith Zlotsky
- Copyright Status:
- © Estate of the Artist
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- balconies | costume | dance | dancers | dancing | dark | genre subject | girls | Indian | jewelry | Nautch | Nautch girls | necklaces | performance | performers | saris | shadow | skirts (garments) | smiling | stage | veils | women
- Associated Places:
- Asia | India
- View by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
Print made by Charles William Cain, 1893–1962, British, The Nautch Dancers, ca. 1925
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.