- ca. 1797
- Etching and line engraving on moderately thick, moderately textured, cream wove paper
- Sheet: 12 11/16 x 16 5/8 inches (32.3 x 42.2 cm), Plate: 11 5/8 x 15 9/16 inches (29.5 x 39.5 cm), and Image: 9 3/4 x 14 1/2 inches (24.7 x 36.9 cm)
Lettered in black ink, lower center: "Drawn and Engraved by John Browne. | E V E N I N G. | London, Publish'd by John & Josiah Boydell, No,, 90, Cheapside & at the Shakspear Gallery Pall Mall."
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- architectural subject | casement windows | church | cottage | distaff | dog (animal) | door | dresses | evening | genre subject | hats | hills | hut | landscape | log | man | river | ruins | sheep | shepherd | spinning (textile process) | staff (walking stick) | sun | sunlight | sunset | thatched roof | thatching | trees | women
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- XML | RDF
YCBA Collections Search
Print made by John Browne, 1741–1801, British, Evening, ca. 1797
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.