IIIF provides researchers rich metadata and media viewing options for comparison of works across cultural heritage collections. Visit the IIIF page to learn more.
Print made by John Browne, 1741–1801, British, Evening, ca. 1797
- ca. 1797
- Etching and line engraving on moderately thick, moderately textured, cream wove paper
- Sheet: 12 11/16 x 16 5/8 inches (32.3 x 42.2 cm), Plate: 11 5/8 x 15 9/16 inches (29.5 x 39.5 cm), Image: 9 3/4 x 14 1/2 inches (24.7 x 36.9 cm)
Lettered in black ink, lower center: "Drawn and Engraved by John Browne. | E V E N I N G. | London, Publish'd by John & Josiah Boydell, No,, 90, Cheapside & at the Shakspear Gallery Pall Mall."
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- architectural subject | casement windows | church | cottage | distaff | dog (animal) | door | dresses | evening | genre subject | hats | hills | hut | landscape | log | man | river | ruins | sheep | shepherd | spinning (textile process) | staff (walking stick) | sun | sunlight | sunset | thatched roof | thatching | trees | women
- Accessible by appointment in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.