- Additional Title(s):
- ca. 1797
- Etching and line engraving on moderately thick, moderately textured, cream laid paper
- Sheet: 12 5/8 x 16 5/8 inches (32.1 x 42.2 cm), Plate: 11 11/16 x 15 1/2 inches (29.7 x 39.4 cm), and Image: 9 3/4 x 14 1/2 inches (24.7 x 36.8 cm)
Lettered in black ink, lower centere: "Drawn and Engraved by John Browne | AFTER SUN-SET. | London, Publish'd by John, & Josiah Boydell, No,, 90, Cheapside & at the Shakspear Gallery, Pall Mall."
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- architectural subject | architecture | castle | cemetery | death | dress | evening | genre subject | graveyard | hills | landscape | mourning | river | sadness | sarcophagi | sunset | tombs | tombstones | trees | woman
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
Print made by John Browne, 1741–1801, British, After Sun-Set, ca. 1797
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.