- Additional Title(s):
- ca. 1797
- Etching and line engraving on moderately thick, moderately textured, cream laid paper
- Sheet: 12 5/8 x 16 7/16 inches (32 x 41.8 cm), Plate: 11 5/8 x 15 1/2 inches (29.5 x 39.3 cm), and Image: 9 11/16 x 14 9/16 inches (24.6 x 37 cm)
Lettered in black ink, lower center: "Drawn and Engraved by John Browne | M O O N - L I G H T. | London, Publish'd by John & Josiah Boydell, No,, 90, Cheapside; & at the Shakspear Gallery Pall Mall."
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- arches | architectural subject | architecture | basket | bindle | breeches (trousers) | bridge (built work) | buildings | bundle | clouds | coat | couple | dress | evening | genre subject | hills | landscape | man | moon | moonlight | night | river | ruins | science | stars | travel | trees | walking | woman
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
YCBA Collections Search
Print made by John Browne, 1741–1801, British, Moon-Light, ca. 1797
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.