- Entrance of Calais Harbour
- Etching and mezzotint, printed in brown ink First published state on medium, slightly textured, cream laid paper
- Sheet: 11 5/8 × 16 1/2 inches (29.5 × 41.9 cm), Plate: 8 1/2 × 12 inches (21.6 × 30.5 cm), and Image: 7 1/8 × 10 5/8 inches (18.1 × 27 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, lower right: "1581"
Blind embossed: JMW Turner Sale (Lugt 1498)
Lettered above image: "M"; below image: "Drawn Etched & Engraved by I.M.W.Turner. R.A. | ENTRANCE OF CALAIS HARBOUR. | Published Jany.1, 1816 by Mr.Turner, Queen Ann Street West"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- XML | RDF
YCBA Collections Search
Etched and engraved by Joseph Mallord William Turner, 1775–1851, British, Entrance of Calais Harbour, 1816
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.