Dumblain Abbey, Scotland
- Part Of:
- Etching and mezzotint, printed in brown ink First published state on medium, slightly textured, cream laid paper
- Sheet: 11 × 16 1/8 inches (27.9 × 41 cm), Plate: 8 1/4 × 11 3/8 inches (21 × 28.9 cm), and Image: 7 3/8 × 10 1/2 inches (18.7 × 26.7 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, lower left: "56. I"; lower right: "DVC XII"; inscribed on verso in graphite, upper center: "g5"; lower left: "56. I"; lower center: "Cotswold Gallery 1924, ex. G.E.Blood"
Blind embossed: "G.E. Blood" (Lugt 265c)
Lettered above image: "A"; below image: "Drawn & Etch'd by I.M.W.Turner Esq. R.A. | Engrav'd by T.Lupton | DUMBLAIN ABBEY, SCOTLAND. | Publish'd Jany.1, 1816. by I.M.W.Turner, Queen Ann Street West"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- Associated Places:
- Dunblane | Dunblane Cathedral | Scotland | United Kingdom
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
YCBA Collections Search
Etched by Joseph Mallord William Turner, 1775–1851, British, Dumblain Abbey, Scotland, 1816
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.