Dumblain Abbey, Scotland
- Part Of:
- Etching and mezzotint, printed in brown ink First published state on medium, slightly textured, cream laid paper
- Sheet: 11 × 16 1/8 inches (27.9 × 41 cm), Plate: 8 1/4 × 11 3/8 inches (21 × 28.9 cm), and Image: 7 3/8 × 10 1/2 inches (18.7 × 26.7 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, lower left: "56. I"; lower right: "DVC XII"; inscribed on verso in graphite, upper center: "g5"; lower left: "56. I"; lower center: "Cotswold Gallery 1924, ex. G.E.Blood"
Blind embossed: "G.E. Blood" (Lugt 265c)
Lettered above image: "A"; below image: "Drawn & Etch'd by I.M.W.Turner Esq. R.A. | Engrav'd by T.Lupton | DUMBLAIN ABBEY, SCOTLAND. | Publish'd Jany.1, 1816. by I.M.W.Turner, Queen Ann Street West"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- Associated Places:
- Dunblane | Dunblane Cathedral | Scotland | United Kingdom
- View by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
Etched by Joseph Mallord William Turner, 1775–1851, British, Dumblain Abbey, Scotland, 1816
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.