- The Source of the Arveron in the Valley of Chamouni, Savoy
- Etching and mezzotint, printed in brown ink Engraver's proof (c) on medium, slightly textured, cream laid paper
- Sheet: 11 1/2 × 17 1/4 inches (29.2 × 43.8 cm), Plate: 8 1/2 × 11 1/2 inches (21.6 × 29.2 cm), and Image: 7 3/8 × 10 5/8 inches (18.7 × 27 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, lower left: "60. E.P.(c). Before lights on glacier immediately above fir trees in left corner, &c."; lower right: "T. Rich? B."; inscribed on verso in graphite, lower left: "60. I."; lower center: "Cotswold Gallery, 1924, ex. G.E.Blood"
Blind embossed: "G.E. Blood" (Lugt 265c)
Lettered above image: "M"; below image: "Drawn & Egraved by I.M.W.Turner: R.A. | THE SOURCE of the AVERON in the VALLEY of CHAMOUNI SAVOY. | Published Jany. 1, 1816, by Mr.Turner, Queen Ann Street West"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- Exhibition History:
- <double click to display>
- <double click to hide>
- XML | RDF
YCBA Collections Search
Etched and engraved by Joseph Mallord William Turner, 1775–1851, British, The Source of the Arveron in the Valley of Chamouni, Savoy, 1816
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.