The Fish-Street Macaroni
- Additional Title(s):
The Fish Street Macaroni
- Etching on moderately thick, moderately textured, blued white laid paper
- Sheet: 11 5/8 x 8 1/4 inches (29.6 x 21 cm), Plate: 10 1/4 x 6 7/8 inches (26.1 x 17.5 cm), and Image: 8 7/8 x 6 9/16 inches (22.5 x 16.6 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, on back, lower left: "44534 (encircled)"
Lettered in black ink, lower left: "HWBunbury delin : 1772"; lower center: "THE FISH-STREET | MACARONI | Publish'd as the Act directs March, 29. 1772, by J Bretherton New Bond Street No. 134."; lower right: "J. Bretherton f."
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- breeches (trousers) | costume | cravat | entertainment | fashion | gardens | gate | genre subject | humor | leisure | man | ornament | parody | pattern (design element) | pleasure garden | ruffles | satire | sign | sword | tricorne | wig
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
YCBA Collections Search
Print made by James Bretherton, ca. 1730–1806, British, The Fish-Street Macaroni, 1772
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.