IIIF provides researchers rich metadata and media viewing options for comparison of works across cultural heritage collections. Visit the IIIF page to learn more.
Print made by James Bretherton, ca. 1730–1806, British, Inimitable Mr. James Moss, 1773
Inimitable Mr. James Moss
- Etching on medium, moderately textured, cream wove paper
- Sheet: 9 11/16 x 7 1/4 inches (24.6 x 18.4 cm), Plate: 8 15/16 x 6 11/16 inches (22.7 x 17 cm), Image: 7 11/16 x 6 1/4 inches (19.6 x 15.9 cm)
Lettered in black ink, lower left: "HWBunbury del."; lower center: "To all Encouragers of Arts & Sciences This Portrait of the | INIMITABLE MR. JAMES MOSS | is with great respect dedicated by his & their Obedient humble Servant H. W. B. | Publish'd as the Act directs May 15th,, 1773, By J. Bretherton No. 134 New Bond Street."; lower right: "J. Bretherton, f."
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- bow (costume accessory) | bushes | churches | coat | costume | dogs (animals) | fence | genre subject | humor | landscape | laughing | man | parody | path | peasant | pockets | puppies | road | satire | smiling | trees | tricorne | walking
- Accessible by appointment in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.