The Judgement of Paris
- Etching on moderately thick, slightly textured, cream laid paper
- Sheet (partially cropped inside plate): 7 3/16 x 8 3/8 inches (18.2 x 21.3 cm) and Image: 5 7/8 x 7 3/8 inches (14.9 x 18.8 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, on back, lower left: "44529 (circled)"
Lettered, upper left: "Jun. But to bestow it on that Trapes| It mades me - mine hang him Jackanapes."; upper center: "The Judgment of Paris"; upper right: "HW Bunbury | fecit & are incidit | 1766"; lower left: "Pub accord to Act by Marnly (?) N39 Strand Aug,, 1st 1771"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- bag | birds | bow | caricature | chimney | clouds | contest | dogs (animals) | dwarf | fan | fancy dress | genre subject | goddesses | house | judgements | man | owls | Paris and the golden apple | peacock (bird) | pipe | satire | sheep | staff | the Judgement of Paris (Mercury present) | ugly | wig | wine glass | women
- Associated People:
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
YCBA Collections Search
Print made by Henry William Bunbury, 1750–1811, British, The Judgement of Paris, 1771
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.