Man with a Walking Stick in a Landscape
- Additional Title(s):
Portrait of a Man in Coat and Hat with Walking Stick
- Etching on moderately thick, rough, cream laid paper
- 10 1/16 x 9 1/16 inches (25.6 x 23 cm), 8 15/16 x 6 5/8 inches (22.7 x 16.8 cm), and 7 15/16 x 6 1/8 inches (20.1 x 15.5 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, on back, lower left: "44542 (encircled)"
Lettered in black ink, lower left: "Mr. Bunbury del. | Publish'd 23d. December 1773."; lower right: "J. Bretherton f."
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- boots | caricature | coat | costume | genre subject | hat | hills | humor | landscape | man | parody | pocket (costume component) | profile (figure) | satire | staff (walking stick) | trees | walking
- View by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
Print made by James Bretherton, ca. 1730–1806, British, Man with a Walking Stick in a Landscape, 1773
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.