IIIF provides researchers rich metadata and media viewing options for comparison of works across cultural heritage collections. Visit the IIIF page to learn more.
Etched by Joseph Mallord William Turner, 1775–1851, British, Apuleia in Search of Apuleius, between 1813 and 1823
Apuleia in Search of Apuleius
- Part Of:
- between 1813 and 1823
- Etching, printed in brown ink Modern impression, canceled plate on medium, slightly textured, cream wove paper
- Sheet: 11 1/2 × 17 1/2 inches (29.2 × 44.5 cm), Plate: 8 1/4 × 11 1/2 inches (21 × 29.2 cm), Image: 7 1/4 × 10 5/8 inches (18.4 × 27 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, lower left: "72"; lower right: "1773"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- arches | bridges | buildings | field | figures | livestock | trees | women
- Accessible by appointment in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.