Paysan des Alpes
- Drypoint prints on moderately thick, slightly textured, cream laid paper
- Sheet: 9 3/4 x 7 15/16 inches (24.7 x 20.1 cm), Plate: 6 7/16 x 5 13/16 inches (16.3 x 14.7 cm), and Image: 5 7/8 x 5 7/16 inches (15 x 13.8 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, on back, lower left: "44570 (circled)"
Lettered, upper left: "PAYSAN | DES | ALPES"; lower center: "H Bunbury fecit"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- boots | coat | costume | genre subject | hair | hat | muff | peasant | rural | satire | socks | walking
- Associated Places:
- Alpes | Europe
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
YCBA Collections Search
Print made by Henry William Bunbury, 1750–1811, British, Paysan des Alpes, 1769-1770
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.