Paysan des Alpes
- Drypoint on moderately thick, slightly textured, cream laid paper
- Sheet: 9 3/4 x 7 15/16 inches (24.7 x 20.1 cm), Plate: 6 7/16 x 5 13/16 inches (16.3 x 14.7 cm), and Image: 5 7/8 x 5 7/16 inches (15 x 13.8 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, on back, lower left: "44570 (circled)"
Lettered, upper left: "PAYSAN | DES | ALPES"; lower center: "H Bunbury fecit"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- boots | coat | costume | genre subject | hair | hat | muff | peasant | rural | satire | socks | walking
- Associated Places:
- Alpes | Europe
- View by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
Print made by Henry William Bunbury, 1750–1811, British, Paysan des Alpes, 1769-1770
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.