- Materials & Techniques:
- Etching on moderately thick, rough, cream laid paper
- Sheet: 10 11/16 x 8 3/8 inches (27.2 x 21.3 cm), Plate: 8 1/4 x 5 7/8 inches (21 x 15 cm), Image: 7 5/16 x 5 9/16 inches (18.6 x 14.1 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, on back, lower left: "44532 (encircled)"
Lettered in black ink, lower left: "HWBunbury delin."; lower center: "POSTIGLIONE INGLESE. | Publish'd as the Act directs April 1772 By I. Bretherton No. 134. New Bond Street."; lower right: "Chas. Bretherton Junr. f."
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- breeches (trousers) | building | bushes | coat | costume | fence | genre subject | grass | hat | man | milestone | parody | path | postilion | road | satire | sign | trees | whip | window
- Accessible by appointment in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
Print made by Charles Bretherton, ca. 1760–1783, British, Postiglione Inglese, 1772
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.