Study of a Lady
- Etching on moderately thick, moderately textured, blued white laid paper
- Sheet: 12 3/8 x 8 15/16 inches (31.4 x 22.7 cm), Plate: 10 7/8 x 7 3/8 inches (27.6 x 18.8 cm), and Image: 10 9/16 x 7 1/8 inches (26.9 x 18.1 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, on back, lower left: "44556 (encircled)"
Lettered in black ink, within image, lower left: "Js. & Charles Bretherton f."; within image, lower right: "3d. Jany. 1781."
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- bonnet (hat) | bows (costume accessories) | costume | curls | dress | figure study | genre subject | gesture | gown | hand | hat | lady | profile | ribbon | woman
- View by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
Print made by James Bretherton, ca. 1730–1806, British, Study of a Lady, 1781
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.