Two Studies of a Shell-Shaped Vessel Supported by Three Dolphins and Two Studies of a Hand Holding a Vase
- Additional Title(s):
Two Studies of a Shell Shaped Vessel Supported by Three Dophins and Two Studies of a Hand Holding a Vase
- Etching on moderately thick, moderately textured, beige laid paper
- Sheet: 10 13/16 × 7 5/16 inches (27.5 × 18.6 cm) and Image: 10 3/8 × 5 9/16 inches (26.3 × 14.2 cm)
Inscribed in brown ink, lower right: "o | 6 [written in reverse] | 6"
Lettered in brown ink, center left: "G. Romano. invt"; center right: "Carolus Cameron Arc Fec."; lower center: "Published according to act Octber. 1773"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- artifacts | dolphins | hands | sculpture | shells (animal material) | still life | swans | urns | vases
- View by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
Print made by Charles Cameron, 1742–1812, British, Two Studies of a Shell-Shaped Vessel Supported by Three Dolphins and Two Studies of a Hand Holding a Vase, 1773
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.