Landscape with Oak Trees
- ca. 1812
- Etching on moderately thick, textured, beige wove paper
- Sheet: 9 11/16 x 7 3/8 inches (24.6 x 18.8 cm), Plate: 8 7/8 x 6 15/16 inches (22.6 x 17.6 cm), and Image: 8 3/4 x 6 11/16 inches (22.2 x 17 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, on front, lower right, partially cut off: "Crome"; on back, lower left: "Theobald No. 6,1st state, unfinished"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- branches | bushes | genre subject | hat | landscape | man | oaks | pastoral | resting | road | sitting | trees | trunks
- View by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
Print made by John Crome, 1768–1821, British, Landscape with Oak Trees, ca. 1812
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.