IIIF provides researchers rich metadata and media viewing options for comparison of works across cultural heritage collections. Visit the IIIF page to learn more.
Print made by John Crome, 1768–1821, British, Composition: Sandy Road through Woodland, 1813
Composition: Sandy Road through Woodland
- Former Title(s):
Peasants Resting by a Wooded Path
- Etching on medium, smooth, beige wove paper
- Sheet: 14 15/16 × 11 11/16 inches (38 × 29.7 cm), Image: 14 5/16 × 10 1/2 inches (36.4 × 26.7 cm)
Lettered, upper right inside image: "J. Crome. 1813" (3 is backwards)
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- bushes | carriage | cart | coats | dog (animal) | genre subject | hats | hills | landscape | men | oaks | path | peasants | plants | resting | road | sack | sand | shovel | sitting | trees | walking sticks | woods
- Accessible by appointment in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
The Romantic Print in Britain - Yale Center for British Art (Carnegie Museum of Art, 2004-02-14 - 2004-05-09) [YCBA Objects in the Exhibition]
The Romantic Landscape Prints - The Chiaroscuro of Nature (Yale Center for British Art, 2002-09-25 - 2002-12-29) [YCBA Objects in the Exhibition]
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.