IIIF provides researchers rich metadata and media viewing options for comparison of works across cultural heritage collections. Visit the IIIF page to learn more.
Print made by David Lucas, 1802–1881, British, Dedham Vale, 1838
- Mezzotint and etching on thick, slightly textured, cream wove paper
- Sheet: 27 × 21 3/4 inches (68.6 × 55.2 cm), Image: 23 x 19 1/2 inches (58.4 x 49.5 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, lower left: "I. Constable R.A. Pinxt."; in graphite, lower right: "Engraver's Proof"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- camps | fields | fires | gypsies | infants | landscape | river | tower (building division) | trees | valleys | village
- Associated Places:
- Dedham | Dedham Vale | England | Essex | Europe
- Accessible by appointment in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
Nobleness and Grandeur - Forging Historical Landscape in Britain, 1760 - 1850 (Yale Center for British Art, 2005-01-27 - 2005-04-24) [YCBA Objects in the Exhibition]
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.