The Spring Flood
- Additional Title(s):
Woman and Two Children Fording Stream
- Part Of:
- Etching on thin, slightly textured, beige India paper laid on thick, slightly textured, cream card
- Mount: 8 1/16 x 6 13/16 inches (20.4 x 17.3 cm), Sheet: 8 1/16 x 6 9/16 inches (20.4 x 16.7 cm), and Image: 6 9/16 x 5 3/8 inches (16.6 x 13.7 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, on back, center: "13"; on back, lower right: "1 (encircled) E"
Lettered in black ink, within image, lower left: "CWC"; within image, lower right: "CWCope"
Signed in graphite, lower center: "C. W. Cope Ra."
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- barefoot | baskets | bindle | boy | coat | daughter | dog (animal) | dresses | flood | fording | genre subject | girl | landscape | mother | river | son | spring | staff (walking stick) | stream | trees | trousers | walking | woman
- View by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
Print made by Charles West Cope, 1811–1890, British, The Spring Flood, 1865
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.