- The Spring Flood
- Etching on thin, slightly textured, beige India paper laid on thick, slightly textured, cream card
- Mount: 8 1/16 x 6 13/16 inches (20.4 x 17.3 cm), Sheet: 8 1/16 x 6 9/16 inches (20.4 x 16.7 cm), and Image: 6 9/16 x 5 3/8 inches (16.6 x 13.7 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, on back, center: "13"; on back, lower right: "1 (encircled) E"
Lettered in black ink, within image, lower left: "CWC"; within image, lower right: "CWCope"
signed in graphite, lower center: "C. W. Cope Ra."
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- barefoot | baskets | bindle | boy | coat | daughter | dog (animal) | dresses | flood | fording | genre subject | girl | landscape | mother | river | son | spring | staff (walking stick) | stream | trees | trousers | walking | woman
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- XML | RDF
YCBA Collections Search
Print made by Charles West Cope, 1811–1890, British, The Spring Flood, 1865
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.