The Spring Flood
- Additional Title(s):
Woman and Two Children Fording Stream
- Part Of:
- Etching on thin, slightly textured, beige India paper laid on thick, slightly textured, cream card
- Mount: 8 1/16 x 6 13/16 inches (20.4 x 17.3 cm), Sheet (cropped inside plate): 8 1/16 x 6 9/16 inches (20.4 x 16.7 cm), and Image: 6 9/16 x 5 3/8 inches (16.6 x 13.7 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, on back, center: "13"; on back, lower right: "1 (encircled) E"
Lettered in black ink, within image, lower left: "CWC"; within image, lower right: "CWCope"
signed in graphite, lower center: "C. W. Cope Ra."
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- barefoot | baskets | bindle | boy | coat | daughter | dog (animal) | dresses | flood | fording | genre subject | girl | landscape | mother | river | son | spring | staff (walking stick) | stream | trees | trousers | walking | woman
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
YCBA Collections Search
Print made by Charles West Cope, 1811–1890, British, The Spring Flood, 1865
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.