- The Wanderer
- Etching on thick, slightly textured, cream card with cream chine collé
- Sheet: 6 x 4 15/16 inches (15.2 x 12.5 cm), Plate: 4 13/16 x 3 7/8 inches (12.3 x 9.9 cm), Sheet: 4 13/16 x 3 7/8 inches (12.2 x 9.8 cm), and Image: 4 5/8 x 3 3/4 inches (11.8 x 9.6 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, on back, center left: "M"; on back, lower right: "2 (encircled) E"
signed in graphite, lower center: "C. W. Cope R. a."
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- arch | basket | coat | dark | dog (animal) | doors | evening | genre subject | gesture | hand | house | illustration | interior | light | man | night | shadow | staff (walking stick) | trousers
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- XML | RDF
YCBA Collections Search
Print made by Charles West Cope, 1811–1890, British, The Wanderer, 1844
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.