IIIF provides researchers rich metadata and media viewing options for comparison of works across cultural heritage collections. Visit the IIIF page to learn more.
Print made by Charles West Cope, 1811–1890, British, The Wanderer, 1844
- Additional Title(s):
Man with Dog at a Door
- Part Of:
- Etching on thick, slightly textured, cream card with cream chine collé
- Sheet: 6 x 4 15/16 inches (15.2 x 12.5 cm), Plate: 4 13/16 x 3 7/8 inches (12.3 x 9.9 cm), Sheet: 4 13/16 x 3 7/8 inches (12.2 x 9.8 cm), Image: 4 5/8 x 3 3/4 inches (11.8 x 9.6 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, on back, center left: "M"; on back, lower right: "2 (encircled) E"
Signed in graphite, lower center: "C. W. Cope R. a."
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- arch | basket | coat | dark | dog (animal) | doors | evening | genre subject | gesture | hand | house | illustration | interior | light | man | night | shadow | staff (walking stick) | trousers
- Accessible by appointment in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.