- Spanish Student
- ca. 1830
- Etching on moderately thick, slightly textured, beige Japan paper
- Sheet: 18 x 12 11/16 inches (45.7 x 32.3 cm), Plate: 7 15/16 x 7 3/16 inches (20.1 x 18.2 cm), and Image: 7 1/2 x 6 7/8 inches (19 x 17.4 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, lower left: "6 | Spanish Student | J. S. Cotman (partially cropped off)"; on back, lower left: "Spanish Student"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- books | chair | coat | costume | desk | genre subject | geography | globes (cartographic spheres) | hat | interior | man | papers (document genres) | portfolio (container) | reading | school | scrolls (information artifacts) | shadows | student | studying | tables | teacher | woman | writing (processes)
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- XML | RDF
YCBA Collections Search
Print made by John Sell Cotman, 1782–1842, British, Spanish Student, ca. 1830
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.