French Fishing Boat off the Shears
- Etching on thick, slightly textured, cream card with cream chine collé
- Sheet: 5 9/16 x 6 3/8 inches (14.2 x 16.2 cm), Plate: 2 3/8 x 3 3/8 inches (6 x 8.6 cm), Sheet (chine collé): 2 5/16 x 3 3/16 inches (5.8 x 8.1 cm), and Image: 1 15/16 x 3 1/8 inches (4.9 x 7.9 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, lower right: "M. E. COTMAN"
Lettered in black ink, on chine collé, lower center: "French Fishing Boat off the Shears."
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- barge (flat-bottomed watercraft) | beams (structural elements) | boats | fishing | flags | marine art | masts | sailboats | sails | sea | ship | structure | waves (natural events)
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
Print made by Miles Edmund Cotman, 1810–1858, British, French Fishing Boat off the Shears, 1846
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.