IIIF provides researchers rich metadata and media viewing options for comparison of works across cultural heritage collections. Visit the IIIF page to learn more.
Print made by Miles Edmund Cotman, 1810–1858, British, French Fishing Boat off the Shears, 1846
French Fishing Boat off the Shears
- Etching on thick, slightly textured, cream card with cream chine collé
- Sheet: 5 9/16 x 6 3/8 inches (14.2 x 16.2 cm), Plate: 2 3/8 x 3 3/8 inches (6 x 8.6 cm), Sheet: 2 5/16 x 3 3/16 inches (5.8 x 8.1 cm), Image: 1 15/16 x 3 1/8 inches (4.9 x 7.9 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, lower right: "M. E. COTMAN"
Lettered in black ink, on chine collé, lower center: "French Fishing Boat off the Shears."
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- barge (flat-bottomed watercraft) | beams (structural elements) | boats | fishing | flags | marine art | masts | sailboats | sails | sea | ship | structure | waves (natural events)
- Accessible by appointment in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.