Henry Gastineau, 1791–1876, British, A View of Rochester, the Town and Harbour, undated
A View of Rochester, the Town and Harbour
- Watercolor, with pen, in brown ink, black ink, red ink, gouache, graphite, gum arabic, and scratching out on Very thick, moderately textured, beige, wove paper
- Sheet: 21 × 28 5/16 inches (53.3 × 71.9 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, verso, lower right: "2395"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- boats | harbour | marine art | town
- View by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.