- ca. 1844
- Etching on thick, slightly textured, cream wove paper with cream chine collé
- Sheet: 7 13/16 x 5 1/2 inches (19.8 x 14 cm), Plate (bottom cropped inside plate): 7 5/8 x 4 13/16 inches (19.3 x 12.3 cm), and Image: 6 9/16 x 4 5/16 inches (16.7 x 10.9 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, on front, lower center: "Thomas Creswick RA"; on back, center: "J"; lower right: "2D"
Lettered, lower left under image: "Etching Club"; lower right: "Thomas Creswick"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- basket | bushes | dog (animal) | dresses | fancy dress | garden | genre subject | landscape | leash | railing | sculpture | stairs | terrace | trees | women
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
YCBA Collections Search
Print made by Thomas Creswick, 1811–1869, British, The Terrace, ca. 1844
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.