- ca. 1844
- Etching on thick, slightly textured, cream wove paper with cream chine collé
- 7 13/16 x 5 1/2 inches (19.8 x 14 cm), 7 5/8 x 4 13/16 inches (19.3 x 12.3 cm), and 6 9/16 x 4 5/16 inches (16.7 x 10.9 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, on front, lower center: "Thomas Creswick RA"; on back, center: "J"; lower right: "2D"
Lettered, lower left under image: "Etching Club"; lower right: "Thomas Creswick"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- basket | bushes | dog (animal) | dresses | fancy dress | garden | genre subject | landscape | laughing | leash | railing | sculpture | stairs | talking | terrace | trees | women
- View by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
Print made by Thomas Creswick, 1811–1869, British, The Terrace, ca. 1844
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.