Caen - Eglise Saint-Sauveur
- Former Title(s):
Restes et Fragments d'Architecture du Moyen Age / Eglise St. Sauveur
- Part Of:
- Lithograph with yellow tint on moderately thick, smooth, cream wove paper
- Sheet: 14 1/16 x 11 5/16 inches (35.7 x 28.7 cm) and Image: 10 1/2 x 7 7/8 inches (26.6 x 20 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, on front, upper right (on image): "8"; lower right: "HB-23"; on back, lower center: C7I"
Lettered, in black ink, upper center: "Caen"; lower left under image: "R.P. Bonington"; lower center: "EGLISE S.t SAUVEUR."; lower right under image: "Lith de Feillet Faubourg Montmartre No.4"
Signed on stone, lower right: "RP Bonington"; not dated
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Fund
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- baskets | buying | carts | church | cloaks | cobblestones | costume | gargoyles | genre subject | markets | Medieval | men | road | sculpture | selling | shops | spires | stained glass | standing | street | town | windows | women
- Associated Places:
- Basse-Normandie | Caen | Calvados | Eglise Saint-Sauveur | Europe | France | Normandy
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
YCBA Collections Search
Print made by Richard Parkes Bonington, 1802–1828, British, Caen - Eglise Saint-Sauveur, 1824
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.