West Tower, Wymondham Church
- Part Of:
- Soft-ground etching on medium, slightly textured, cream wove paper
- Sheet: 10 11/16 x 8 1/4 inches (27.1 x 21 cm), Plate: 9 3/4 x 7 7/8 inches (24.7 x 20 cm), and Image: 8 3/4 x 6 15/16 inches (22.3 x 17.6 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, on back, lower left: "12/10"
Lettered, lower left: "Drawn & Etch'd by Robt Dixon"; lower center: "Norwich Published as the Act directs by R Dixon Sept 1810 | WEST TOWER, WYMONDHAM CHVRCH."
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- arches | architectural subject | church | cows | genre subject | grass | grazing | illustration | man | ruins | shepherd | sitting | tower (building division) | windows | woods
- Associated Places:
- England | Europe | Norfolk | United Kingdom | Wymondham
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
YCBA Collections Search
Robert Dixon, 1780–1815, British, West Tower, Wymondham Church, 1810
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.