- Cottage at Diss
- Soft-ground etching on medium, slightly textured, cream wove paper
- Sheet: 10 1/16 x 8 1/4 inches (25.6 x 21 cm), Plate: 9 15/16 x 8 inches (25.2 x 20.3 cm), and Image: 8 7/8 x 6 15/16 inches (22.5 x 17.6 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, on back, lower left: "12/12"
Lettered, lower left: "Robt Dixon Fect"; lower center: "COTTAGE at DISS. | Norwich Publish'd as the Act Directs by Robt Dixon July 1811"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- architectural subject | cottage | fences | flowers (plants) | genre subject | house | illustration | man | peasants | road | sitting | standing | talking | vines | windows | woman
- Associated Places:
- Diss | England | Europe | Norfolk | United Kingdom
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- XML | RDF
YCBA Collections Search
Robert Dixon, 1780–1815, British, Cottage at Diss, 1811
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.