IIIF provides researchers rich metadata and media viewing options for comparison of works across cultural heritage collections. Visit the IIIF page to learn more.
Robert Dixon, 1780–1815, British, Cottage at Diss, 1811
Cottage at Diss
- Part Of:
Collective Title: Sketches Illustrative of Picturesque Scenery of Norfolk
- Soft-ground etching on medium, slightly textured, cream wove paper
- Sheet: 10 1/16 x 8 1/4 inches (25.6 x 21 cm), Plate: 9 15/16 x 8 inches (25.2 x 20.3 cm), Image: 8 7/8 x 6 15/16 inches (22.5 x 17.6 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, on back, lower left: "12/12"
Lettered, lower left: "Robt Dixon Fect"; lower center: "COTTAGE at DISS. | Norwich Publish'd as the Act Directs by Robt Dixon July 1811"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- architectural subject | cottage | fences | flowers (plants) | genre subject | house | illustration | man | peasants | road | sitting | standing | talking | vines | windows | woman
- Associated Places:
- Diss | England | Europe | Norfolk | United Kingdom
- Accessible by appointment in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.