Sketch at Mulbarton
- Part Of:
- between 1810 and 1811
- Soft-ground etching on medium, slightly textured, cream wove paper
- Sheet: 10 5/8 x 8 3/16 inches (27 x 20.8 cm), Plate: 9 15/16 x 7 7/8 inches (25.2 x 20 cm), and Image: 7 1/2 x 7 1/2 inches (19 x 19 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, on back, lower left: "12/15"
Lettered, lower left: "Sketch at Mulbarton"; lower right: "R. Dixon Del et Sc"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- architectural subject | chimneys | cottage | fences | gates | genre subject | house | illustration | peasant | road | street | thatch | trees | village | walking | woman
- Associated Places:
- England | Europe | Mulbarton | Norfolk | United Kingdom
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
YCBA Collections Search
Robert Dixon, 1780–1815, British, Sketch at Mulbarton, between 1810 and 1811
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.