Remains of the Priory, Beeston Regis
- Part Of:
- Soft-ground etching on medium, slightly textured, cream wove paper
- 10 7/16 x 8 1/4 inches (26.5 x 21 cm), 9 15/16 x 7 7/8 inches (25.3 x 20 cm), and 8 7/8 x 6 15/16 inches (22.5 x 17.6 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, on back, lower left: "12/16"
Lettered, lower left: "Robt Dixon Fec:"; lower center: "REMAINS of the PRIORY, BEESTON REGIS. | Norwich Publish'd as the Act directs by Robt Dixon July 1810"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- arch | architectural subject | basket | bushes | child | fences | gates | genre subject | gesturing | houses | illustration | man | peasants | plough (agricultural equipment) | priory | road | ruins | vines | walking | woman
- Associated Places:
- England | Europe | Norfolk | St. Mary's Priory (Beeston Regis Priory) | United Kingdom
- View by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
Robert Dixon, 1780–1815, British, Remains of the Priory, Beeston Regis, 1810
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.