Sketches of Athens
- Watercolor, pen and brown ink, and graphite on medium, slightly textured, blue wove paper
- Sheet: 6 3/4 × 17 7/8 inches (17.1 × 45.4 cm)
Inscribed in pen and brown ink, lower left: "Athens. 8. June | [...] -1848."; in pen and brown ink, lower right: "(19)"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Gift of George E. Dix, Yale BA 1934, MA 1942
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- architectural subject | columns | landscape | monument | mountain | ruins | structures (structural elements) | studies (visual works)
- Associated Places:
- Athens | Greece
- View by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.