- Rocket Practice in the Marshes
- Aquatint with stipple engraving, hand-colored on moderately thick, slightly textured, beige wove paper
- Sheet: 13 7/8 x 17 11/16 inches (35.3 x 45 cm), Plate: 11 1/4 x 16 3/8 inches (28.6 x 41.6 cm), and Image: 9 1/16 x 14 1/8 inches (23 x 35.9 cm)
Lettered, lower center: "Published by J. Grant Woolwich to Illustrate the Army and Navy Register and Woolwich Gazette for 1845. | ROCKET PRACTICE IN THE MARSHES."
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- armed forces | army | artillery | audience | battle | cannons | drills | fields | fire | flags | genre subject | hats | marshes | men | military uniforms | navy | parasol | practicing | rockets | royal | smoke | soldiers | swords | telescope | wagons | war | watching | women
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- XML | RDF
YCBA Collections Search
John Grant, Died 1873, Rocket Practice in the Marshes, 1845
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.