Rocket Practice in the Marshes
- Part Of:
- Aquatint with stipple engraving, hand-colored on moderately thick, slightly textured, beige wove paper
- Sheet: 13 7/8 x 17 11/16 inches (35.3 x 45 cm), Plate: 11 1/4 x 16 3/8 inches (28.6 x 41.6 cm), and Image: 9 1/16 x 14 1/8 inches (23 x 35.9 cm)
Lettered, lower center: "Published by J. Grant Woolwich to Illustrate the Army and Navy Register and Woolwich Gazette for 1845. | ROCKET PRACTICE IN THE MARSHES."
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- armed forces | army | artillery | audience | battle | cannons | drills | fields | fire | flags | genre subject | hats | marshes | men | military uniforms | navy | parasol | practicing | rockets | royal | smoke | soldiers | swords | telescope | wagons | war | watching | women
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
YCBA Collections Search
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.