- Captain Conquest and His Baggage Wagon
- Line engraving and etching on moderately thick, moderately textured, cream laid paper
- Sheet: 11 1/16 x 8 1/8 inches (28.1 x 20.7 cm), Plate: 8 x 5 7/16 inches (20.3 x 13.8 cm), and Image: 5 11/16 x 5 1/16 inches (14.5 x 12.8 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, on back, lower left: "41893 (encircled)"
Lettered in black ink, lower left: "S. H. Grimm del."; lower center: "CAPTN. CONQUEST and his BAGGAGE WAGGON. | London, Printed for Robt. Sayer, No. 53 Fleet Street & J. Smith No. 35 Cheapside, as the Act directs 15 June 1772"; lower right: "J. Goldar sculp"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- caricature | coat | costume | cravat | embroidery | flounces | genre subject | gown | humor | man | mole | obesity | queue wig | satire | staff | tricorne | walking | woman
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- XML | RDF
YCBA Collections Search
Print made by John Goldar, 1729–1795, British, Captain Conquest and His Baggage Wagon, 1772
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.