- Kensington Gardens, no. 1 (small plate)
- Etching and drypoint, with plate tone on medium, slightly textured, cream antique laid paper
- Sheet: 7 5/8 x 5 9/16 inches (19.3 x 14.2 cm), Plate: 6 1/4 x 4 5/8 inches (15.9 x 11.7 cm), and Image: 6 1/4 x 4 5/8 inches (15.9 x 11.7 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, upper center on back: "L"; inscribed in graphite, lower right on back: "2 | M" ("2" encircled)
Watermarked, center: incorporates a crown and a horn
Lettered lower left to lower right within image: "Kensington | Seymour Haden 1859 Kensing[...] Gardens"
Signed in graphite, lower center below image: "F. Seymour Haden."; not dated
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- architectural subject | building | chimneys | cityscape | garden | grass | hedge | house | landscape | lawn | palace | path | shadows | trees | turret | windows
- Associated Places:
- England | Europe | Hyde Park | Kensington | Kensington Gardens | London | United Kingdom
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- XML | RDF
YCBA Collections Search
Francis Seymour Haden, 1818–1910, British, Kensington Gardens, no. 1 (small plate), 1859
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.