Clifton Spring and Woods near Maidenhead
- Additional Title(s):
Clifden Spring & Woods near Maidenhead 1818
- Aquatint, hand-colored on moderately thick, moderately textured, beige wove paper
- 14 × 19 1/2 inches (35.6 × 49.6 cm) and 14 × 19 1/2 inches (35.6 × 49.6 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, on back, lower center: "Clifen Spring & Woods near Maidenhead 1818 | R Havell"
Marked in blue ink, on back, center, collector's stamp: "Paul Mellon Collection"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- barges | birds | boats | cows | docks | fields | fishing | genre subject | grazing | herding | hills | homes | houses | islands | labor | landscape | leisure | nets | pastures | piers | punts | river | rope | rowboats | rowing | sailboats | shipping | spring | village | woods
- Associated Places:
- Berkshire | England | Europe | Maidenhead | United Kingdom
- View by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
Robert Havell, 1769–1832, British, Clifton Spring and Woods near Maidenhead, 1818
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.