- West View of Rhyddlan Castle
- Brown wash and graphite on very thick, moderately textured, beige wove paper
- Sheet: 4 5/8 × 7 1/2 inches (11.7 × 19.1 cm)
Inscribed in brown ink, on mount, lower left: "W. View Rhyddlan Castle."; inscribed in brown ink, on sheet, lower right: "ACF[--?]"; Verso: inscribed in graphite, upper left: "1" (encircled); inscribed in graphite center: "aram | [---?]"
Signed and dated in brown ink, lower right: "ACF | 1809"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Gift of William Lamson Warren, Class of 1935
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- architectural subject | castle | cattle
- Associated Places:
- Cymru | Denbighshire | Rhuddlan | United Kingdom | Wales
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- XML | RDF
YCBA Collections Search
Anthony Vandyke Copley Fielding, 1787–1855, British, West View of Rhyddlan Castle, 1809
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.