IIIF provides researchers rich metadata and media viewing options for comparison of works across cultural heritage collections. Visit the IIIF page to learn more.
Edward Fisher, 1722–1785, British, Charles Watson Esq., Vice-Admiral of the White, between 1758 and 1782
Charles Watson Esq., Vice-Admiral of the White
- between 1758 and 1782
- Mezzotint on moderately thick, slightly textured, beige laid paper
- Sheet: 16 7/8 x 12 3/8 inches (42.8 x 31.5 cm), Plate: 14 15/16 x 10 7/8 inches (37.9 x 27.7 cm), Image: 13 9/16 x 10 7/8 inches (34.5 x 27.7 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, on back, upper right: "£20"
Lettered, lower left: "T. Hudson pinx.t"; lower center: "Charles Watson Esq,,r VICE ADMIRAL of the White~"; lower right: "E Fisher Sculpt"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- battery | buttons | cliff | cockade | cuffs | embroidery | lace | navy | ocean | portrait | posing | sea | ship | solemn | sword | telescope | tricorn | uniform | vest | Vice Admiral of the White | wig
- Associated People:
- Watson, Charles (1714–1757), naval officer
- Accessible by appointment in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.