- Charles Watson Esq., Vice-Admiral of the White
- between 1758 and 1782
- Mezzotint on moderately thick, slightly textured, beige laid paper
- Sheet: 16 7/8 x 12 3/8 inches (42.8 x 31.5 cm), Plate: 14 15/16 x 10 7/8 inches (37.9 x 27.7 cm), and Image: 13 9/16 x 10 7/8 inches (34.5 x 27.7 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, on back, upper right: "£20"
Lettered, lower left: "T. Hudson pinx.t"; lower center: "Charles Watson Esq,,r VICE ADMIRAL of the White~"; lower right: "E Fisher Sculpt"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- battery | buttons | cliff | cockade | cuffs | embroidery | lace | navy | ocean | portrait | posing | sea | ship | solemn | sword | telescope | tricorn | uniform | vest | Vice Admiral of the White | wig
- Associated People:
- Watson, Charles (1714–1757), naval officer
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- XML | RDF
YCBA Collections Search
Edward Fisher, 1722–1785, British, Charles Watson Esq., Vice-Admiral of the White, between 1758 and 1782
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.