- Market Place, Wisbech Isle of Ely, Cambridgeshire..., June 28, 1838
- Colored lithograph on thick, moderately textured, beige, wove paper
- Sheet: 14 11/16 × 22 13/16 inches (37.3 × 57.9 cm) and Image: 13 1/2 × 22 11/16 inches (34.3 × 57.6 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, lower right: "P4437 | IR74/335"
Lettered, lower left: "DRAWN ON THE SPOT, BY JAs. P. HUNTER"; lettered, lower center: "THIS REPRESENTATION of the MARKET PLACE, WISBECH, ISLE of ELY, CAMBRIDGESHIRE, as it appeared on the day of the CORONATION of QUEEN VICTORIA 1st, June 28th.1838. | WHEN 5000 PERSONS WERE REGALED WITH PLUM PUDDINGS, ROAST BEEF, AND ALE."; lettered, lower right: "G.SCHARF, LITHOG."
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- XML | RDF
YCBA Collections Search
George Johann Scharf, 1788–1860, British, Market Place, Wisbech Isle of Ely, Cambridgeshire..., June 28, 1838, 1838
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.