IIIF provides researchers rich metadata and media viewing options for comparison of works across cultural heritage collections. Visit the IIIF page to learn more.
Print made by Thomas Burke, 1749–1815, British, Andromache and Hecuba Weeping over the Ashes of Hector, 1771
Andromache and Hecuba Weeping over the Ashes of Hector
- Mezzotint on moderately thick, smooth, beige laid paper
- Sheet: 20 1/16 × 14 1/16 inches (51 × 35.7 cm), Image: 18 1/8 × 13 13/16 inches (46 × 35.1 cm)
Lettered, lower left under image: "Angelica Kauffman pinx."; lower right under image: "Tho. Burke fecit"; lower center: "Published as the Act directs July 29th 1771 by the proprietor Wm Wynne Ryland. London"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- ashes | chairs | children | cloaks | columns | crying | death | fires | Greek mythology | laurel crown | pillars | religious and mythological subject | sadness | stool | togas | urn | women
- Associated People:
- Accessible by appointment in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.