- Content and Innocence
- Hand-colored stipple engraving on moderately thick, smooth, cream wove paper
- Sheet: 20 3/8 x 15 1/4 inches (51.7 x 38.7 cm), Plate: 16 15/16 x 12 13/16 inches (43 x 32.5 cm), and Image: 13 1/8 x 10 7/16 inches (33.3 x 26.5 cm)
Marked in blue ink, on back, lower center, collector's stamp: Paul Mellon Collection
Lettered, center left along image: "Painted by Angelica Kauffman R.A."; center right along image: "Engrav'd by T. Burke"; lower center: "CONTENT and INNOCENCE. | From an original picture in the possession of George Bowles, Esq.r | ~~London, Publish'd March 2.d 1797, by Tho.s Macklin, Poets Gallery, Fleet Street~~"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- cloaks | daughter | dresses | fancy dress | flowers (plants) | garlands | mother | pearls | plants | portrait | slippers | trees | woods
- Associated People:
- Rushout, Anne (d. 1849)
Rebecca, Lady Northwick (nee Bowles, married Sir John Rushout; d. 1818)
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- XML | RDF
YCBA Collections Search
Print made by Thomas Burke, 1749–1815, British, Content and Innocence, 1797
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.