- Rinaldo and Armida
- Mezzotint on medium, moderately textured, cream laid paper
- Sheet: 20 7/8 x 14 15/16 inches (53 x 38 cm), Plate: 19 15/16 x 14 inches (50.7 x 35.5 cm), and Image: 18 x 13 15/16 inches (45.7 x 35.4 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, lower left: "/30"; lower right: "45"; on back, lower left: "mzo | Rinaldo | M. 303/UD. [...]"; in brown ink, on back, lower center: "Napumi(?) 1864 [...]ada [...]roebury"; in graphite, on back, lower right: "605"; in brown ink, on back, lower right: "20 ff [...]ud."
Lettered in black ink, lower left: "Angelica Kauffman pinxt."; lower center: "LONDON, Printed for R. SAYER, and J. BENNETT, No. 53 Fleet Street, as the Act directs, 20 April, 1775."; lower right: "Val: Green Metzotinto Engraver to his Majesty fecit."
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- armor | arrows | boy | child | cloak | dagger (weapon) | epic | helmet | Jerusalem Delivered, 1581 | knights | literary theme | love | lovers | man | mythology | nude | plumes | putto | quiver | sandals | stabbing | stola | suicide | trees | woman
- Associated People:
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- XML | RDF
YCBA Collections Search
Valentine Green, 1739–1813, British, Rinaldo and Armida, 1775
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.