- Additional Title(s):
- Mezzotint on moderately thick, slightly textured, cream wove paper
- Sheet (cropped inside plate): 12 7/8 x 9 7/8 inches (32.7 x 25.1 cm) and Image: 11 9/16 x 9 13/16 inches (29.4 x 25 cm)
Lettered in black ink, lower left: "G: Kneller pinx: 1685."; lower center: "Optimi Ingeny Viro | Joanni Wootton"; lower right: "J. Faber fecit 1730."
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- artist | bust | cravat | lace | man | oval | portrait | robe | wig
- Associated People:
- Wyck, Jan van (c.1645–1700), painter
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
YCBA Collections Search
John Faber the Younger, ca. 1695–1756, Netherlandish, active in Britain, Joanni Wootton, 1730
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.