- A Boy Employed in Burning Weeds
- Mezzotint on moderately thick, moderataly textured, blued white, laid paper
- Sheet: 20 3/8 × 25 3/16 inches (51.8 × 64 cm), Plate: 19 × 23 7/8 inches (48.3 × 60.6 cm), and Image: 18 3/8 × 23 3/4 inches (46.7 × 60.3 cm)
Paul Mellon Collector's mark
Lettered, lower left: "G. Morland Pinxt."; lettered, lower right: "Jas Ward. Sculpt."; lettered lower center: "A BOY EMPLOYED IN BURNING THE WEEDS - GARCON METTANT LE FEU AUX MAUVAISES HERBES. | London Publish'd as the Act Directs March 17 1799 by Colnaghi Sala & Co. Pall Mall."
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- XML | RDF
YCBA Collections Search
James Ward, 1769–1859, British, A Boy Employed in Burning Weeds, 1799
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.