IIIF provides researchers rich metadata and media viewing options for comparison of works across cultural heritage collections. Visit the IIIF page to learn more.
Thomas Greenwood, died 1797, British, Cottage Scene, undated
- Watercolor with pen and brown ink on Very thick, slightly textured, beige wove paper
- Sheet: 12 13/16 x 6 13/16in. (32.5 x 17.4cm), Sheet: 11 1/4 × 15 3/8 inches (28.6 × 39.1 cm)
Inscribed in pen and brown ink, lower right: "T. G. In[...]"; inscribed on verso in graphite, upper left: "6"; center: "AW 7175 | Work"; center right: "15"; in purple graphite, lower center: "88"; in graphite, lower right: "Thomas Greenwood | (Scene Painter to Drury Lane Theater)"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Gift of William Lamson Warren, Class of 1935
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- cottage | fence | hills | working
- Accessible by appointment in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.