- Cottage Scene
- Watercolor with pen and brown ink on Very thick, slightly textured, beige wove paper
- Sheet: 12 13/16 x 6 13/16in. (32.5 x 17.4cm) and Sheet: 11 1/4 × 15 3/8 inches (28.6 × 39.1 cm)
Inscribed in pen and brown ink, lower right: "T. G. In[...]"; inscribed on verso in graphite, upper left: "6"; center: "AW 7175 | Work"; center right: "15"; in purple graphite, lower center: "88"; in graphite, lower right: "Thomas Greenwood | (Scene Painter to Drury Lane Theater)"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Gift of William Lamson Warren, Class of 1935
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- cottage | fence | hills | working
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- XML | RDF
YCBA Collections Search
Thomas Greenwood, died 1797, British, Cottage Scene, undated
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.