The Pretty Maid with Her Apron Before the Candle
- Mezzotint on medium, slightly textured, cream laid paper
- Sheet: 15 1/4 x 11 1/16 inches (38.8 x 28.1 cm), Plate: 14 x 9 15/16 inches (35.6 x 25.2 cm), and Image: 13 x 9 15/16 inches (33 x 25.2 cm)
Lettered in black ink, lower left: "H. Morland pinxt."; lower center: "The Pretty Maid with her Apron before the Candle. | Printed for CARINGTON BOWLES, Map & Printseller, No. 69 in St. Pauls Church Yard, LONDON"; lower right: "P,, Dawe fecit"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- apron | bonnet (hat) | bow (costume accessory) | candle | chiaroscuro | cloth | costume | dark | flame | genre subject | gown | light | maid | shadow | shielding | smiling | woman
- View by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
Print made by Philip Dawe, ca.1745–ca.1809, British, The Pretty Maid with Her Apron Before the Candle, 1770
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.