- Additional Title(s):
- Etching on moderately thick, moderately textured, cream laid paper, laid on mount
- Sheet: 12 3/16 x 10 3/16 inches (31 x 25.9 cm), Plate: 11 1/8 x 9 1/8 inches (28.2 x 23.1 cm), and Image (oval): 10 1/8 x 8 1/16 inches (25.7 x 20.5 cm)
Lettered in black ink, lower left: "In the Posession of Mr,, Carter, Painter."; along lower left border of oval image: "Drawn by J. H. Mortimer."; lower center: "Belisarius."; along lower right border of oval image: "Etch'd by R Blyth."; lower right: "Publish'd as the Act directs, Feby 20th,, 1780, by R. Blyth."
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- beard | Byzantine | general | man | oval | portrait | profile (figure)
- Associated People:
- Flavius Belisarius (ca. AD 500–AD 565), general of the Byzantine Empire
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
YCBA Collections Search
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.