- ca. 1941
- Opaque watercolor, crayon, and graphite, highlighted with white gouache, with scraping out on medium, slightly textured, cream wove paper
- Sheet: 14 x 20 inches (35.6 x 50.8 cm) and Image: 14 x 17 3/16 inches (35.6 x 43.7 cm)
Inscribed on verso in graphite, upper left: "438" (encircled), "E39" (outlined in a rectangle); inscribed on verso, center right: "14 x 20"; inscribed, lower left: " 'Circle enclosed' | \\Mount not to overlap by more than 1/32"//" (in Theresa Fairbank's handwriting); inscribed, lower center: "by Alastair Morton"; inscribed, lower right: "25 x 19.38 | 029 | 5 gun."
Signed on verso, in red crayon, lower right: "AM"; dated on verso in graphite, lower right: "May '41"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Fund
- Copyright Status:
- © Estate of the Artist
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- abstract art | black | blue | circle | crayon | cube | geometry | illusion | opaque | polygons | rectangles | red | square | translucent | yellow
- View by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest: